Friday, May 23, 2008

nothing's ending, more opportunities are created

Okay, so my high school year is ending with pomp & circumstance. But what is really being lost? I still have everything I want. I have great, dependable friends that I wouldn't trade for anything. My family, however dilapidated, will always be there for me in any time of need. I have a brick that will stand the test of time on a wall of academic achievement. I need to keep telling myself this.

Am I happy? Do I have any attachment to this country, lame-ass city? If I left tomorrow, would there be any remorse? Don't answer these questions, we both know the answer. I promised I wouldn't do this. Damn. "Man I can't wait to leave. I'm not gonna miss crap here." I've gotten too comfortable. Why can't I keep the old and embrace the new? Maybe it'll work this time. Sure it hasn't worked anytime before, but how about another shot? So many friendships becoming a thing of the past. You'd be surprised how distance has an impact on any bond.

In contrast, what is to come can only be uphill. Get a new job, new school, new environment, new friends. Whatever you have to tell yourself.

The future, unpredictable as it may be, is something I can't wait to enter.

No comments: