Thursday, February 7, 2008

..chuc mung nam moi?....ok....

So today is the new year...lunar-wise....yes the Chinese New Year you hear it referred to...bastards...

Rather uneventful really. I should have skipped and done something worthwhile. Year of the Rat...Sucks that I'm a horse and that means this year is not quite the most prosperous of years for me..

I have to present tomorrow at the International Club meeting about the New Year and how we celebrate it..But really do I know anything beyond the food, fireworks, and li xi? What's the culture behind it? What does it represent and mean to a person living in the motherland? My perspective of it gets shrouded in American customs to where I see a holiday as a chance for food and money..sad, really.

So it is the New Year, and with it should come commitments, resolutions.. Do I have any? No. Should I? Yes. A number of my friends have taken on a soft drink sacrifice. Sorry, I'm not strong enough, I need some sort of crutch. But I should prove to myself I'm strong enough to manage without something that's bad for me anyways..

"
Sống lâu trăm tuổi.."

No comments: