Saturday, July 25, 2009

hmm, queer

So I was standing in line at the movies yesterday, and these teenage boys in line to the left & right of me apparently know one other and are making fun of each other back and forth. I can't help but overhear of course so I just pretend not to be paying attention. Then one of the guys taps me and says "Hey, you see that guy over there? He's too much of a pussy to stand next to that fine girl." The guy that was directed to replied to that and said to me "Well him, he's a faggot. I mean it's cool that you're gay, but he's a total cocksucker."

...wow, is it really so obvious? I'm not offended or anything, I was just taken aback from their (dead on) assumption. It was an awkward moment.

But then, it was kind of interesting how they didn't mind if I was or wasn't. I mean it's not like I wear it on my sleeves, but I wouldn't tell someone I was straight (anymore). I suppose living in the south, I expect the general population to not be so amenable.

So yea..that's the highlight of my day

2 comments:

Aaron said...

That's.. a very interesting experience. Really. I thought it was kinda cool/funny.

I'm glad you thought it was ok.

The Tranganator said...

Maybe you just look the part. [: